Sunday, April 1, 2012

Scarlett meets Tripp

When Scarlett met Tripp, it went surprisingly better than expected. Remember, I've been very nervous about her reaction and adjustment to the baby's arrival. For the first meeting, as the veteran L&D nurse/best friend maux suggested, I was not holding Tripp when Scarlett entered the room. Instead, she came and sat on my lap and snuggled with me for a few minutes. Then daddyD brought the baby to her. Somehow she knew that this baby was special. She immediately fell in love with him and hasn't stopped saying "baby" since. Here are a few pics of her excitedly holding Tripp for the first time. And of course, we have a sweet video of her kissing him too. (I guess all the "be gentle" practicing with her dolly is paying off! Fingers crossed it continues!)






All of us couldn't be happier about our new family of four!




Her little hands rubbing his head...I melt!

(um, and it's also very surreal to see a picture of myself with my TWO children!)

3 comments:

S.H.M. said...

I love love love the picture of all four of you- such utter happiness!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a lovely little family :) Sals

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! You look beautiful and your babies are precious! God Bless :o* SoFLa