Monday, August 20, 2012

Chili con carne


This morning, we went on a hike that led us into town and enjoyed pancakes at blue moose cafe as a reward. Yum!

But instead of warming up post breakfast, it kept getting coooolder. Brrrrr!! Though I'm sure y'all in Austin or Chicago or anywhere hot don't care to hear about that...

But, then it started to rain, and it rained alllll day. Boohoo!

To stay active, I went to body pump class and Scarlett played in the rec center daycare. When we returned I thought what better to cook for dinner on a cold rainy afternoon than chili?!

So I started some chili, and then spent the rest of the afternoon searching on Craigslist for a nanny. Fyi, I'm returning to work when we get back to Austin, and we need someone to help between the time when daycare ends and I get home from work. Of course that is all dependent on IF we ever get back to Austin, more and more delays on the house...ugh.

Well, good news, right as the chili and cornbread were almost ready, the skies cleared and Scarlett played outside with daddyD, Pop and the doggies, while NanaSue and i enjoyed some nice white wine on the deck. Turned out to be a pretty beautiful evening. As ever, so thankful to be here!

**i followed the Betty Crocker chili con carne recipe, but then added some of my own special secret ingredients. Turned out pretty deelish!!


No comments: